Home > Programmes > Departments > Student Leadership & Discipline
Student Leadership & Discipline
- This foundation tier is targeted at all students in Northland where they are given the opportunity to maximize their leadership potential
- They will as then move up the levels to experience different leadership opportunities presented to them as a level or school in general.
- This tier targets the group of students who are more inclined to put to use their leadership skills on a more frequent basis. The target group is as follows:-
- AVIT Monitor
- Science Monitor
- PE Monitor
- Class Monitor
- EE-VIA Monitor
- Group Leaders
- Peer Leaders
- This group of students who are leaders in their class except for peer leaders and have specified duties and responsibilities. The common ground of these students is to assist the teacher in the administration as well as the teaching for the class. The training is conducted by teachers themselves and the relevant departments.
- Students need not necessarily be academically inclined to be a good leader thus this group of students is targeted at students who shine in other areas.
- CCA Leaders
- Prefects - School, Junior levels
- This tier of leaders generally serves a larger proportion of the school’s population across different levels. They are usually a positive model for their peers in their immediate group or pupils in general. Mentoring as well as assisting their teachers in running of CCAs and House Practises.
- This top tier of students is an extension of the school in terms of students’ discipline and orderliness. They are an important aspect of the linkage between the teachers and students in general.
- Head Prefects
- Asst Head Prefects
- Prefect Mentors
- Team Leaders
The head and assistant head prefects and the Team Leaders are right at the apex. They are involved in the planning and running of prefectorial events and school events. Training is provided to enable them to be good student leaders and facilitators. They form the main pool of ambassadors during school events. They are the ones who have established leadership qualities or have the potential to do so given the right opportunities and trainings as they are intrinsically motivated.