- Safety of pupils and staff using the access roads in school is the responsibility of all.
- Designated parking areas that are away from pupil assembly areas are set for school buses and cars to enhance the safety of pupils.
General Road Safety Rules
- Cross at traffic junctions or pedestrian crossings:
(a) Refrain from using handphones or other electronic audio devices when crossing.
(b) STOP, look right, look left, and then look right again.
(c) Wait for vehicles to come to a complete STOP before crossing.
(d) Raise hand to attract the attention of drivers when crossing.
(e) Cross briskly and observe oncoming traffic.
- Use footpaths and overhead bridges and do not cross at dangerous corners and intersections.
- At bus stops, do not to cross immediately in front of buses after alighting.
- Obey school patrol wardens and police.
Travelling by public bus:
- Keep off bus bays
- Flag bus in advance
- Queue for a bus
- Board and alight from the bus in an orderly manner
- Behave properly when on the bus.
- When using a public road, all bicycle riders must obey the same rules as other vehicles. A cyclist may be punished under the Penal Code/Road Traffic Act should he/she act rashly or negligently so as to endanger human life or the personal safety of others.
- Cyclists shall not unreasonably obstruct or prevent free passage of a vehicle or pedestrian upon a path or road.
- Bicycles are not permitted to be towed by any other vehicle when on the road.
- No pillion passenger shall be carried on a bicycle unless it is designed to do so.
- A child under 12 years of age may be carried on a properly constructed child seat affixed firmly to the bicycle.
- Cycling abreast is prohibited.
- Bicycles are not allowed to be ridden where bicycle riding is prohibited e.g. expressways, road tunnels and areas demarcated with prohibitive signs.
- Do not cycle across overhead pedestrian bridges or pedestrian crossings.
- Dismount and push your bicycle and practice proper kerb drills before crossing the road.
- Always use the correct hand signals when turning left or right or stopping. Make them in sufficient time to enable other motorists to take appropriate action.
- When in school, bicycles are to be kept in the designated bicycle area.
Travelling by Car
- There are two designated places for parents to pick up or drop off their children (at the back of Blk 660 – pupils are to use Gate C and Block 662 – pupils are to use Gate E).
Traffic Safety within School Premises
- Vehicular movement is carefully controlled or restricted during assembly and dismissal periods.
- Speed limit of vehicles in the school premises is restricted with the use of appropriate stop signs and speed limit signs. The speed limit within the school premises is 15 km/h.
- Pupils should use zebra crossings and designated walking routes as far as possible.
Safety on School Buses
- Pupils are to obey the instructions of the bus driver at all times. Pupils must be respectful to the bus driver and assistant and cooperate at all times.
- Pupils are only allowed to board and leave the bus at pre-agreed stops only.
- Pupils taking the school bus are given proper safety briefings and taught about how to behave when riding on a school bus.
- Pupils are assembled first and attendance taken before being led to their respective school bus.
- School buses are not to be allowed to leave unless all pupils have been accounted for.
- Embarkation and disembarkation of pupils from school buses must be closely monitored and guided by the teachers on duty, school bus driver or assistant at all times.
- All school policies that apply to pupil conduct and other pupil related activities apply in the school bus.
Queue Up when boarding the bus. Do not push.
Put on your seat belt once you are seated.
Be seated at all times.